This 18-hole championship course is located in Montgomery, Texas and features 6,900 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 71. Designed by Dave Marr/Jay Riviere/Jeffrey Blume in 2008, the course also offers a full practice range and and putting green. The Director of Golf is Ralph Smith.
The golf course is still open for play!
In light of the current events surrounding COVID-19, the Golf Club at Margaritaville Lake Resort would like to assure you we are following all recommendations provided by the government and global health organizations. Exercise along with good old-fashioned fresh air and sunshine are a great way to relieve stress, so if you’re up for a round, our golf course is up and running.
With this said, you can rest assured we are taking precautions for your protection. This includes:
• All golf carts are sterilized before and after use, including steering wheels, keys, handrails, roof handles, cup holder areas, seats, and bottles.
• While we have a limited number of golf carts, we are accommodating “one person per cart” to the best of our ability to help practice social distancing.
• To reduce multi-person touch points on the course, we have removed ball washers and trash cans from the golf course as well as bunker rakes. All bunkers will be played as ground under repair for the time being. Our team will rake bunkers every other day as needed.
• The flagsticks will remain in the cups, and the cups will be raised so that approximately 1” of the cup is above the turf for sanitary reasons. This will allow flagsticks to remain in the holes for targeting purposes. We’re asking that players please not handle or remove flagsticks or attempt to push cups into the turf.
• Any shot or putt that strikes the cup and comes to rest less than a putter length away will be considered holed, and if a shot or putt strikes the cup and is deflected more than a putter length, that ball will be played as it lies from where it came to rest.
• During the irregular course conditions and the accommodations being made regarding the hole and flagstick, rounds completed during the current time will not be eligible to post for handicap purposes.
In conjunction with Montgomery County guidelines, you will not have access to the driving range or actual clubhouse, but will have access to the golf club amenities via the concession window on the golf club patio, and the course will remain open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday until further notice. Should you need assistance or merchandise (golf balls, gloves, etc.) the golf staff will be able to assist you. To reserve a tee time, please call us at 936-448-3022 or visit us online.
We appreciate your patience, assistance, and understanding as we work through these uncertain times. Our team is grateful to be operational and have the ability to create a safe playing environment and mini escape from world events. We are here to serve you and make your golf experience a memorable one.