Just 3 miles northwest of Bradford city centre lies the West Bradford Golf Club. The on-site clubhouse was opened in 1908 and is a Grade ll listed building, with some parts dating back to 1720. Since this time it has been constantly improved and modernised to meet the needs of members and visitors alike. Alongside the bar and dining area the club also offers a snooker room with two full-size tables.
Upon establishment of the West Bradford Golf Club the course consisted of just 9 holes. A few years later, with the course’s popularity growing, it was extended to its current 18. In recent years the course has largely remained unaltered with no call to change an already well executed design. The terrain is not too challenging physically with a majority of the course remaining relatively flat. The prevailing winds, which regularly whip across the fairways, provide a tough test for anyone playing to avoid the numerous out-of-bounds areas. Those holes which are unhindered by the out-of-bounds come with tree-lined fairways which demand tee shots to be well thought out.