Tour 18 Golf Course Dallas
Many fairways under water, poor drainage. Sand traps don't get raked at all. Greens are slow and long. Should be a $25.00 course.
October 19, 2014
played this course when it first opened, and decided to take an avid golfing friend to experience the course. After all the play up I did about the course I was disappointed at how this once jewel of a course went down a very steep hill...Will NEVER play it again...
October 18, 2014
What happened to Tour 18 ???
Yesterday, my foursome played Tour 18 as we have done so many times in the last couple of years. We knew it would be cart path only due to the rains Friday night, and that was fine with us.
We started off hitting the range, where we located aybe 20 balls total for all of us to hit. Furthermore, there was no one around to get more ballas for us. The employees in the pro shop seemed more interested in watching tv than assisting customers.
The starter was very friendly and pleasant to deal with. With the course being wet, there was no cart service, as the snack shack was also closed. Seemed somewhat of an abandoned course.
Now, the major disapointment for all of us was the course conditions. The tee boxes, fairways, and greens were all in very poor condition. Much of the course has brown burns and a lot of dead grass. This made putts difficult to make as your ball would hot a dead spot or a weed!
We will be staying away from Tour 18 until next year to hopefully, see them correct these course conditions. This was a top 5 DFW course for us, and that ranking is gone.
October 12, 2014
Ignore the nay sayers
Ok. Listen up everyone, this course is not cowboys golf club where every blade of grass was hand cut with scissors. So don't expect it. The course is in Texas golf condition. A couple greens had very minor issues and areas of fairway were slightly browned. Did any one watch the U.S. open this year at Pinehurst? The course is fine condition. Greens were a little slow the day I played but they putted true. Bunkers very well maintained. What really is important to remember is that this is a theme course. The holes represent the design of some of the most renowned course architects and provides history of some great moments in golf. So play the course, enjoy it for what it is, and if nothing else drink some beers and have fun.
P.S. if you are reading this you are probably booking your tee time on golfnow so you're only gonna pay $50-$60. Great value! Have fun.
October 11, 2014
Value and condition
It takes me about a year from the time I play here and then I start thinking I have to try it again. Greens are not in good shape.
What what they charge it should put a smile on your face, NEVER HAPPENS.
October 11, 2014
Was a good time staff was great and course was fun. Disappointed in green conditions and sand trap conditions. Expected better conditions. Staff made the experience fun
October 10, 2014
Not kept up
Greens slow, patchy spots, course dry, fairways have dead spots, bunkers not maintained.
October 6, 2014
Get a deal and lower your expectations for a fun round.
I read reviews leading up to this round and as apprehensive because of the really poor reviews it had been getting.
This is a nice tract of land, lots of undulation, tree's and unsurprisingly, good hole design.
The course wasn't in particularly good shape, but it was playable. I feel as though many of the bad reviews are from people who paid $40+. If you can get on for <35 then its not a bad deal, otherwise there's plenty of courses in DFW that are just simply in better shape. Its nowhere near a premium course and i would never pay more than 40.
One thing they really need to sort out is the range, just a complete joke. There's barely any grass to hit off, 25% of the balls are split, with the remaining 75% being so old they have no zip. TOUR18, please take a look at Tribute for a premium level range.
In summary - Get a deal and lower your expectations and you will probably have some fun because the design is fun.
September 22, 2014