Nags Head Golf Links
Used GolfNow discount and saved a bunch. Play this course every summer and never disappointed!
July 8, 2015
Great views but....
The views from the course are amazing! Many of the holes run along Pimlico Sound providing a stunning backdrop. Tee to green, the course was in relatively good shape, although be forwarned, it is TIGHT. Accuracy over distance is key. Now for the negative; the greens were awful. They had been recently air rated, which seemed odd for June, and hadn't been cut in days. Further, it seemed like most were having some issues with a fungus or irregular growth. I think this would be an amazing course if the green conditions improved, but I am glad we didn't pay full price.
June 30, 2015
Leave driver at home
Great course, played almost all clubs in my bag.
Wind was a factor but playable.
Greens were soft and rolled true .
Target golf but very fair.
A thinking golfers course.
June 28, 2015
Nags Head Links
Course was in great shape. Plays tough but fair. Views are awesome.
June 23, 2015
A few points to make about the course:
1. The views are spectacular. There are 5 or 6 holes on the bay that are beautiful and offer great picture opportunities.
2. The rates before noon are ridiculous. This course is not worth $110. We got an awesome deal on golfnow for $25 and it is absolutely worth that price.
3. For the "quality" that this course is supposed to present, I was not pleased with the greens. Back home in Louisville, these greens would be about as bad as it gets. I understand that it gets hot here and it is hard to keep the greens fast and smooth but for the norma price tag I was not happy. The rest of the course was in very good shape.
4. The course is very short and tight. It is definitely target golf. If you can hit something about 200 yds and straight off the tee, that should be your club of choice most of the day. Very tough to figure yardage a to hazards. Strongly recommend buying a yardage book.
5. The clubhouse and snack bar both closed at 5 pm. Again, for the price tag on this course,I would expect a little more hospitality and customer service. So if you get a twilight tee time, bring your own drinks.
June 16, 2015
Challenging at times but overall nice course. The wind off the sound made for some tough shots. Nice sunset views.
June 14, 2015
First time playing
Not overly impressed. Lots of target golf with irons out of tee boxes. Rather short course. Liked Kilmsric and Carolina Club better.
June 11, 2015
Knowing the course
When I booked with Golfnow they explained the course had airrrated the greens,they were spot on.Also I got to the Outer banks early and called the course to see if my group could tee off any earlier,we teed off about an hour before our booked tee time.The only issue was SLOW play,didn't see Marshall the whole 18 holes
June 6, 2015