Forest Park Golf Club
Forest Park golfers can enjoy one of the finest public courses in the country. Although the Forest Park golf course was built in 1913 on the site of the 1904 World's Fair, today the Norman K. Probstein Community Golf Course and Youth Learning Center in Forest Park is all new.
Stan Gentry, chief architect for Hale Irwin Golf Services Inc., reconfigured the 27-holes to three nine hole courses, which can be combined to be played as 18 holes, lending more variety and flexibility for golfers. All three courses have lush zoysia fairways and are par 35. They are named for trees found in St. Louis: Hawthorne, Dogwood and Redbud.