Excellent Course! Great layout....
This was my 2nd time playing at Harbor Club, and it was such a treat! The layout of the course is very fair. Great mix of holes, so open fairways, so elevation changes, some water, some holes protected by sand, etc. There are a few blind drives, but nothing that is "cheap" with a hazard just beyond sight.
The condition was excellent. It had just rained a fair amount, and the course drained well. Very fast greens, lots of fun.
April 4, 2013
great layout, greens were fantastic, great value, pace of play was bad, course condition was okay
- the layout of the course is really fun. You have to carry water on a couple of different holes. The closing 3 holes were awesome (16 - drivable, narrow par 4// 17 - over water par 3 // 18 - par 4 where you have to carry over a river both on the drive and approach)
- practice facility was great
- greens were rolling perfectly
- I would play almost anywhere for $30 on the weekend.
- fairways and tee boxes did not match the quality of the greens.
- We were rushed off the practice green to the first tee before our tee time (probably at like 12:40 when our tee time was 12:50). They wanted us to get started a little early. As soon as we hit our drives we had a twosome behind us (we were a foursome). We let the twosome play through on the third hole because they were waiting at every box. No one was behind the twosome. It was a weird situation.
- We had a golf cart die on the front nine and a cart nine on the back nine. Again, just a weird situation.
March 26, 2013
I wish the round was faster
Great golf course with a great lay up. The only problem is that there is to many retired people that play so so slow. Our round was over 5 hrs and that is just not acceptable. There was no ranger around to speed up the play. The pace of the game is the only draw back.
March 18, 2013
Well maintained and beautiful course
Staff, carts, facilities and course were excellent. The only drawback for me was the greens having been aeriated recently, but even so they rolled true and quick. If I lived closer I'd play here often. Beautiful scenery.
March 15, 2013
Great layout, a fun course to play!
The Best greens, I've played on hands down! I played in a threesome. And there wasn't a hole that one of us didn't rave how awesome it was to putt on greens of this condition. You could only blame yourself if you missed a putt. Enjoyed driving the ball, due to a great layout. Should have taken a few pictures.
They where working on the cart paths, in a few spots.
But that did not ruin the experience. You can tell they really care about their course!
February 15, 2013
Even in Jan course is in good shape.
The courhis course e only played tse is very good but the staff is even beter. They are friendly and very helpful. I have only played this course in fall and winter, I will play it this year in the spring and early summer when all the flowers and trees are in bloom, it should be wonderful.
January 25, 2013
Staffs,course condition even weather was great!
We will be back this course to play soon.
January 16, 2013
Fun course to play
The greens, fairways, tees are excellent. The sand was a little hard but loved the course.
October 31, 2012
It was one was of the best courses I have ever paid.
October 25, 2012
Upscale course at a very affordable GOLFNOW price
I rate courses for GOLFWEEK magazine so I am quite experienced at rating. Harbor Club has an excellent variety of holes; nice green complexes; very good condition. Ranks high in a "walk in the park" test.
October 17, 2012
My favorite course to play
Harbor Club is my favorite course to play in Middle Georgia. I have visited every time I go to our lake house on Sinclair. The staff is friendly, course is well kept, and each hole is fun to play. Now that they offer tee times on Golf Now it is more affordable to play.
October 4, 2012
Collection of good and quirky holes.
Great selection of holes with some quirky holes that require playing more than once to score well. There are some very fun holes as well. The bent grass greens were in better condition than a lot of course with that grass in this area. There are better courses in the area but not at the Golfnow price.
September 25, 2012